I have used several different types and brands of recorders in the past, and none have been able to do the job like this or offered as many features, for the same price.
The Zoom H4n has a huge 1.9 inch LCD screen that makes it much easier to operate, and I do not have to put my reading glasses on to see it.
This digital recorder is currently on sale on Amazon through this link only!
It also has a great digitally controlled, super good quality mic preamp so I do not have to worry so much about the sound quality, and I can make adjustments as I go if I do not want to use the auto leveler.
My favorite features of the Zoom H4n recorder by far, however, are the dual mics that can be used at either 90 degrees or 120 degrees.
This has virtually eliminated phase shifting in my recording, so that I no longer get any time lag or double voice sounds.
The H4n handy recorder also comes with 4 channel operation, which is far superior to any two channel recorder.
You can hook it up to external mics, or even use the direct inputs, and then use the the mixer that it has already built in to make sure the channels blend properly for what you want.
It’s also great for those folks that have garage bands or even school bands because you can use the H4n’s built in mics to record a room or an entire live performance with better quality than I thought you could get from a hand held recording device.
I can also use a standard SD card or even an SDHC card if I need to record several hours of sound.
Check Out This Review For More Info
Lets Take A Look At The Recorder Features
- The recorder has built-in X/Y stereo mics record at either 90° or 120°.
- The recorder has digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for improved audio quality.
- The recorder a large 1.9-Inch LCD screen and improved user interface for easy operation.
- The recorder offers 24bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording for pristine recording.
- The recorder has a shock resistant rubberized body for improved chassis protection.
- The recorder has a variable speed playback capability for “phrase training”.
- The recorder has a stamina mode enables 10 hours of continuous battery life.
- The recorder has XLR inputs with phantom power allow recording with any mic.
- The recorder has Hi-Z Inputs for recording guitar and bass
- The recorder has studio effects onboard, including guitar and bass amp modeling
- The recorder Includes 1 GB SD card, wind screen, mic clip adapter, AC adapter, USB cable, protective case and Cubase LE recording software.
- If you want to buy this digital recorder, you can get it for over 50% off on Amazon through this link here.
For those days when I dare to strap my old bass on, I can use the Zoom h4n Handy Recorder to help get my tone right before I record myself practicing. It really helps me learn what I am doing right and wrong in my playing.
Let Me Show You What Current Owners Say
Adam M. – Seattle, WA
Adam leads off his review with a very bold statement of this is one of the best filed recorders out there. He also states that the button are easy to press and the screen is very large which allows you to see everything you need very easily.
He was very surprised and impressed with the quality of the sound recording. However he recommends that you buy a fuzzy or hair windscreen if you plan to use the unit to record outside.
Overall he is very satisfied with the unit and says its the best unit on the market right now. He also states that if you need a recorder for any project you should spend a little more and buy this Zoom H4N recorder as it is well worth it.