The Tascam DR100 is effectively, a high-end, extremely capable, digital recorder, rendered in a portably sized, tough and rugged, metallic casing.
Featuring four sophisticated microphones, and a selection of cutting-edge sound-quality enhancing techniques, the Tascam DR100 is made to deliver first-class recording for pros.
It also strives to be very convenient to use, with its extensively interactive interface, portable design and versatile connectivity options.
This digital recorder is currently on sale on Amazon through this link only!
Benefits of the Tascam DR100
Recording: Quality and Options
The Tascam DR100 is quite versatile, especially in terms of microphone types. It has built in pairs of Cardioid and Omni-directional microphones, plus XLR condenser mic inputs. This makes the recorder an ideal for stereo-separated captures, clear interview recordings and top-quality music recordings for professionals. You can opt from three options, the mic-pair, which best records according to your requirements.
Connectivity and Interface
USB 2.0 port lets you transfer the recording files, speedily to your PC and notebook for processing. The 3.5mm jack takes in most of the conventional line input and output devices to get you wired with power. The interface is studded with numerous buttons, acting as shortcuts to options, you would, otherwise, have to scroll through large menus to access. This makes the Tascam DR100’s horde of features and recording options, very easy to benefit from.
Ergonomics and Battery
The rugged, metallic housing keeps the inventory protected, while the ergonomic design makes it handily comfortable to hold and carry around. Tascam DR100 offers multiple power options including a rechargeable Li-ion battery, two AA batteries and an AC adapter for added convenience.
Check Out This Review For More Info
Pros and Cons of Tascam DR100 Recorder
- A pair each of Cardioid and Omni-directional microphones, deliver crystal clear recording with great stereo separation.
- XLR microphone inputs with 48V phantom power let you plug in pro-level external microphones.
- Sophisticated limiting and filtering functions further refine the recordings to perfect clarity.
- Cordless remote control unit, included in the package, lets you start the recordings from a distance.
- You can mount the DR100 on a tripod to record conveniently.
- Manage and store your WAVs on PC, quickly and easily through high speed USB 2.0 port.
- Built-in speakers let you listen to your recordings instantly, and on the spot.
- You can slow down, or accelerate the playback speed, keeping the frequency consistently normal and intelligible.
- DR100 comes with a carrying case for safe and easy commuting.
- If you want to buy this digital recorder, you can get it for over 40% Off on Amazon through this link here.
- The 9 hour battery life could have been improved to at least 12 hours.
- The unit is a bit heavy due to metallic casing and additional components.
- Product Dimensions: 3.2″ W x 1.4″ H x 6″ D
- Product Weight: 2 Pounds app.
- Microphones: 4
- XLR Microphone Inputs: Yes, With Phantom Power.
- Sampling Rates: 44.1k-96k (for WAV recording).
- Line Input / Output: Yes.
- Batteries: Rechargeable Li-ion / AA.
DR100 is fully capable of meeting the recording needs of professionals, who demand the best out of their portable recording device. This quad-mic recorderon the Tascam DR100, with XLR input capability is definitely one of the most powerful recording tools; truly meant for pros.